‘Maintain Your Hope ’
Bible Reading: Ps. 33:17-22; Ps. 42:1-11
‘a horse is a vain hope for safety; neither shall it deliver any by its great strength. Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.
For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name.
Let your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, Just as we hope in you’
Covenant Teaching: Rom. 4:17-22
Hope is a spiritual force that is not often spoken of. David said ‘the eye of the Lord is upon those who hope in His mercy.’ This means hope is a magnet that draws God’s attention. It’s also hope in the heart that opens the door to a spirit of rejoicing and where there is no hope there can be no joy.
[Ps. 33:17-22; Rom. 5:2]
Truth is, when your hope is assaulted, inner turbulence and turmoil ensues. God strengthens the heart of those who hope in Him and not in money, medicine, people, academic qualifications, etc. ‘He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope…’; notice that hope and strength go hand in hand. No hope, no strength.
[Ps. 16:9; Ps. 31:24]
- Hope is the spiritual virtue that makes one turn attention away from prevailing circumstances. It’s the quality of patient fortitude and continuance where others give up. Abraham possessed the ability to ‘contrary to hope, in hope believe…’ and resultantly became the ‘father of many nations’
[Ps. 38:15; Ps. 39:7; Rom. 4:17-18]
- Hope brightens countenance, quiets inner tumult and regularly calls to memory God’s greatness and goodness. It is not intellectual, has no anchor in science and is not necessarily rational. It’s a ‘blind’ (actually seeing), complete and unquestioning confidence in God.
[Ps. 42:5-6; Ps. 146:5-6; Ps. 71:5, 14]
- Hope is built upon the word of God to you. It does not exist in a vacuum but is founded on divine promises and prophecies. In the Hebrew language its’ ‘yachal’ which means wait patiently for; to stay, tarry and trust ‘in’ and ‘for’ God. Learn to hope in God’s word.
[Ps. 119:49, 81]
- Understand that restoration and hope comes through genuine repentance from all things that displease God. Shechaniah led the people in the way of true hope through a ‘putting away’ of trespasses and transgressions. A guilty conscience will always puncture the tyre of hope
[Ezra 10:2-3; 1 Tim. 1:5, 19]
- Job said ‘so are the paths of all who forget God; and the hope of the hypocrite shall perish’. Integrity and credibility positively or negatively impacts the inner force of hope. Live right and remember ‘is not the integrity of your ways your hope?’ Job 4:6
[Job 8:13; Job 4:6]
Abraham endured and overcame disappointment, ridicule and frustration through the great mystery of hope. ‘Contrary to hope, in hope believed…’ Rom. 4:18. Hope heralds and heightens faith. Whatever happens, hold on to your hope, it will take you into greater dimensions eventually.
- Be grateful to God for His mercy, grace and love that has been with you from January to the end of April
[Is. 40:31; Phil. 1:6]
- Pray for daily renewal of strength and that He who started a good work in you and your family complete it gloriously
- Confess that you are a child of light and the darkness of sin, sickness or Satan will never be found in or around you
[1 Jn. 1:5]
- Pray for the preparedness of GH believers and the global church for the imminent return of the Lord Jesus
[Rev. 22:12; Lk. 12:39]
- Pray for a greater outpouring of the Holy Spirit, angelic encounters and supernatural visitations in Glory House
[Joel 2:28; Acts 2:2-4]
- Ask God for increasing clarity and grace to pursue God’s plans and purposes for you, your family and church
[1 Chron. 12:32]
- With a ‘winners’ mindset pull down strongholds and cast down imaginations boasting against your progress
[2 Cor. 10:4]
Thought for the week:
The hope of the hypocrite will perish Job 8:13
Chronic Head Pain & Tumour
For two years I experienced chronic pain in my head, which affected my concentration and hindered my speech and actions. During this period I remained focused on what I was taught at the Glory House Academy. I kept confessing the word, soaked myself in scriptures and took Holy Communion. I continued to attend several anointing services organized by Dr Albert and had a catalogue of prayers by my Fellowship Leader.
One night I opened my eyes in bed but could not move. I felt stiffness from my neck to my shoulder and my head felt numb. I felt some flow of very thick fluid through my veins from the head to my spine. I realized I was sweating profusely in my head alone but to the glory of God after all this the pain was gone. A few weeks later the lump behind my head also disappeared. I was woken up in the middle of the night to discover a thick dark fluid had soaked my pillow. M. A. S.
I give glory to God for his faithfulness and mercy. I attended a mid-week service with a heavy heart, as my son had been unemployed for five years. Pastor Albert asked us to write our requests on a piece of paper and lift it up as He prayed violently over them; then he told the church it is done. Praise God my son got a job before the end the year. The Lord has done it again. Pastor Albert predicted August to be a spectacular month where we should expect unusual miracles and favour. A few days ago I received a letter from a well-known establishment stating ‘as per our previous communications we trust this now resolves your complaints with us.’ I was confused as I did not complain or communicate with this establishment. Suddenly an audible voice said ‘the I AM complained on your behalf.’ I still didn’t get it until a cheque fell out of the envelope. I screamed Pastor Albert said money and good things will follow us from this month and beyond. I want to thank God for the gift in Pastor Albert for the body of Christ all over the world and also to all the pastors of Glory House. Ms E. A.